Thursday 25 December 2014

Happy Christmas!

Imogen woke us all at 6 this morning. Not fitting, not in pain, just very wildly excited and ready for Christmas!

I've been a parent for I think 15 Christmasses. And this is the first time I've not had to wake at least one child in order to be ready for church. To have two girls, both smiling, both laughing, both alert and aware of what day it is is definitely the best Christmas present I could ever have.

And Imi has been well for Christmas. CPAP off all day, minimal extra pain relief required, no seizure meds, minimal other rescue meds, and one very happy, LOUD, girl.

As an extra gift, she seems to have discovered her feet again. We removed her foot switch a while ago, as she didn't have the energy or the inclination to use it any more. So long ago, in fact, that her nurses have never seen it in use. Today, she found her feet. More than once, I removed her feet from my Christmas dinner - feet on the table is a definite first! And OK, she wasn't laughing, but she was smiling, she was happy, and she was busy. And so much better than she was this time last year. I'll take it.

I hope you all had as good a Christmas as we did.
Love,
Tia and the girls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin