Thursday 18 November 2010

Hello, Ulysses!

From the child who brought you "Who built the Ark? No one, no one. Who built the Ark? Bother! No one built the Ark" I bring you the latest Christmas song. "Hello, Ulysses! Hello, Ulysses! Boing-de-boing boing!" Which, after careful decryption, I can now reveal actually means "Hallelujah, sing Hallelujah, a baby Boy is born." Whilst proud of her classical knowledge, I think perhaps we may be looking at a lesson in Christmas related vocabulary.

I was reading Little Fish a story tonight and she stopped me to sound out some of the words herself. I would like to tell the world that Little Fish can sound out Stomp, Romp, Stop, Bop, Leg, Duck, and Mmmmoooooooooooooooo. And was so pleased with herself that she had to fall off the potty in excitement. Hello, Ulysses!

Tia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just woken up a small boy, as I'm guffawing at the latest Christmas Carol! She's priceless!
Catherine x

Anonymous said...

Way to go LF--soon you'll be reading everything in sight.
Debra

Tina said...

I think that beats Joshua's
Away in a manger
No crisps in the bed.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin